Get Your Taxes Done for FREE at the LRRC!
This tax season, the LRRC will once again be offering free personalized tax preparation. If you are a working family with earned income under $55,000, or an individual without dependents with earned income under $35,000, you can utilize this service as long as:
- You earned all your income in New Jersey
- Your business expenses were less than $5,000
- You have no stock or bond transactions
- You have no rental income
Please be aware, that this tax preparation service is intended for very simple returns only. The trained professionals will prepare and maximize your return, but will not be available throughout the year for follow up accounting questions.
If your income is complex, we recommend seeking the services of a certified accountant.
Please note, that if you are married and filing a joint return, both spouses are required to attend in order for the return to be filed at the time of the appointment. Otherwise, the return will be prepared but you will have to mail it in on your own.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 732-942-9292.
Please Note: The tax professionals that will be preparing these returns are not employed by the LRRC and notwithstanding that we have confirmed their qualifications to the best of our ability, the LRRC does not endorse these service providers or take responsibility for the quality or accuracy of their work.
You must bring all the necessary documents to the appointment, otherwise the tax professionals will not be able to help you at all. Please carefully review the entire list.
The required documents are:
- A valid driver’s license or photo ID
- Birth dates and social security cards for yourself, your spouse and any dependents you will claim on your return. You can also bring last year’s tax return instead of social security cards.
- Bring all income statements, including W-2 income statements, 1099 statements, Social Security, Unemployment or other benefits statements, self-employment records, and any documents showing taxes withheld.
- Written proof of income from self-employment or business, along with expenses of no more than $5,000
- Student loan interest payments, tuition, and your Form 1098-T.
- Your Form 1099-R for pensions, annuities, social security benefits or RRB
- A copy of your 2017 property tax bill, mortgage payments, Form 1098 with home mortgage interest, or rent receipts signed by your landlord
- Dependent child care information for children under first grade, including the total amount of money paid for child care, and the provider’s tax ID or social security number. You need all of this information in order to get the deduction.
- If you have interest and dividend income, bring your 1099-B
- If you received health insurance through the Marketplace, bring your Form 1095-A.
- Any other documents that you think are pertinent
- If you would like to receive your refund via direct deposit, bring your bank’s routing number and account number
- If you receive a scholarship and use your scholarship for educational purposes, bring a clear letter itemizing all expenses.
Please be advised, that anything you earn, whether through an employer, private business, consulting work, or any other means, is considered income. You must disclose all income. Please make sure to bring to your appointment supporting documents for ALL sources of income.
If you have any questions, please speak to the LRRC prior to scheduling an appointment with the tax professionals.