Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Section 8 HUD Waiting List Opening - 01/17/2023 to 02/03/2023
Department of Community Affairs (DCA) will be opening the waiting list for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program from 1/17 – 2/3
What: The Housing Choice Voucher Program is HUD’s largest rental assistance program. Approved households use vouchers to help pay the rent on privately owned homes of their choosing. A household receiving a voucher must pay at least 30% of its monthly adjusted gross income for rent and utilities. Funding is limited, and not all eligible households can be assisted. The DCA’s statewide program will be accepting applications to be added to their waiting list.
- New Jersey residents aged 18 and above. Preference will be given to applicants in the following categories: Veterans, Homeless, Disabled, Domestic Violence, and Local Residents. Applicants should select all preferences that apply to them.
- At the time of selection from the waiting list, applicants will have to meet the income limits in the county where they live.
Annual income limits for Ocean County are:
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND MAXIMUM ANNUAL INCOME ALLOWED
(Very Low Income)
|Household Size||Maximum Income Allowed|
When: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 9:00 AM, to Friday, February 3, 2023, at 5:00 PM
How: Applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY at this link: WaitlistCheck.com/NJ559
The LRRC will have computers available to use to apply during open walk-in hours.
Information needed when applying: Names, social security numbers, birthdates, and income information for all individuals living in the household. You will also need details about all assets, including bank name, cash value of assets, and expected annual income. An email address is required.
- One application per household will be accepted.
- 20,000 applications will be selected by random lottery to be placed on the waiting list. All applications submitted during the application period will have an equal chance of being selected. Any application not selected in the lottery will be discarded. Being added to the waiting list does not mean you will receive a voucher right away.
- If a parent submits a pre-application for their household, which includes adult children, anyone age 18 or above living in the house may also apply on their own.
- This program is independent of any other housing assistance program. If you applied for assistance with another agency, you must apply here to be considered for eligibility in this program. If you are currently on a waiting list with another agency, you may remain on that waiting list while applying here.
- Status of applications will be posted at: WaitlistCheck.com after February 24, 2023. At this site, you can verify if you were selected and placed on the waiting list. Individuals who were accepted to a waiting list via the lottery will have an “active” status. If you were not selected your status will be “inactive.”
- For additional information, go to https://nj.gov/dca/vouchers.html