Amerigroup New Jersey has achieved the distinction of being rated the highest quality health plan in New Jersey two years in a row. It is also the only Medicaid plan in the state to receive a NCQA Commendable accreditation and Long Term Services and Supports Distinction, an honor that recognizes organizations for coordinating long-term services and supports (LTSS) that deliver efficient, effective person-centered care. Amerigroup’s innovative approach to providing quality health care coverage includes working actively with doctors and hospitals to help you get the health services you need. If you would like more information regarding Amerigroup and the benefits they offer, please call 1-877-453-4080 to speak with an Amerigroup representative.
Beyond the standard NJ FamilyCare Benefits, Amerigroup also offers many extras which include but are not limited to the following:
- See any participating Amerigroup providers, no referrals needed, which means no delay in care
- Pre-filled debit cards for every member for Over the Counter (OTC) items such as Tylenol, cold and flu medications, hygiene products, etc.
- Healthy rewards – gift cards for completing health activities like diabetic testing and prenatal visits
- Strong local network of Therapists; including speech, occupational, etc. www.mytnnj.com
- Quality hospitals, including: RWJBarnabas Health (incl. Monmouth Medical Center) and Neumors Al DuPont Hospital for Children
- Strong local OB/GYN network, including Lifeline OB/GYN, TruOB/GYN (Dr. Surowitz), and A Woman’s Place
- Dental services, including many local dentists in the Lakewood area through LIBERTY Dental Plan
- A free Medela electric Breast Pump, prenatal vitamins for Pregnant women
- Extra money towards contacts and glasses
- Online Amerigroup community resources to help you find free or low cost food, housing, job assistance, etc.
- Extra minutes and data through the Safelink program
- Covered rides to health care visits, and more.