Important Updates and Reminders - 07/2023
Utility Assistance Updates
- If you've applied for HEAP but haven't received the benefits yet, please note that the approval deadline is July 26. All outstanding applications will be either approved or dismissed by this date. For any questions about your application status or to submit missing documents, visit O.C.E.A.N. Inc. at their office located at 144 John Street, Lakewood, NJ 08701. Office hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
- HEAP is no longer accepting new applications. The next opportunity to apply for HEAP will be in October. You can still apply for USF until mid-August.
- Additional utility assistance available:
- Emergency Assistance – For anyone with a past-due gas or electric balance already approved for HEAP. Deadline is July 26. Apply through O.C.E.A.N. Inc.
- NJ Shares and PAGE - For more information about these programs, click here: NJ Shares Brochure
NJ FamilyCare Reminder
- NJ FamilyCare has begun re-determining members' eligibility, a process that will continue until June 1, 2024. When you receive a request to recertify, make sure to respond by the deadline. Sending back paperwork even a day late can lead to termination. Be sure to check your mail regularly, and have a plan in place to review your mail even when you're away to prevent termination.
- If you are currently on NJ FamilyCare due to COVID-19, your coverage will continue until it is your time to recertify. Recertifications will be staggered over the 12-month period. You will know it is your turn to recertify when you receive the recertification packet in the mail.
If you have SNAP benefits that were stolen on or after October 1, 2022, there is now a procedure to apply for reimbursement for these funds. You can request replacement benefits by submitting a Request for Replacement form, which is available at the LRRC.
Homeowner Assistance Reminder
Lakewood Township’s Affordable Housing Program for homeowners is administered by the LRRC. There are 3 programs currently available to prospective and current Lakewood homeowners. For more information and eligibility criteria see lrrcenter.org/ahtf